Happy New Year!
Astrologically speaking, the new year begins in Aries on March 20th with the Spring Equinox. So, if your New Year’s resolutions fell flat, The Ram helps push us forward with the new moon on the 27th and take ACTION!
Where can we take action in personal growth? How can Aries assist?
Robert Wang’s “The Jungian Tarot”
- How does the energy of Aries assist us? Aries is the initiator. The 2 of Cups in Reverse asks that we take control of our emotions. Take a look at partnerships or any relationships that are less than desirable.What relationships are unfulfilling? Where are we lacking emotionally? Aries wants us to do something about it.
- How do we do this? The 4 of Wands in Reverse assists us by lighting a fire, forcing us us to take action. The fiery energy of Aries gives us motivation to stand up. If we don’t expend this energy, the fire will internalize and we’ll burn out. Aries demands release; to take action. Mars, Aries ruler, gives us the strength to power through.
- How can I be courageous? Mars, The God Of War, shows us how to be a leader. The Emperor in Reverse asks us to stand up. Wherever we have remained quiet, Mars wants us to come forward and speak up; be a leader. This energy enables us to find the courage to stand up for ourselves, for what is right and good.
- How can this new moon in Aries help me grow? The Lovers in Reverse wants us to took at the relationship we have with ourselves. How can we have good relationships with others, whether personal or professional or within our families, if we’re not feeling good on the inside. What negative thinking can we release?
- How does Aries help us with personal growth? The Wheel of Fortune in Reverse tells us that now is the time to look after ourselves. We’ve expended a lot of energy taking care of others. It’s our time now. Focus on self-care.
It’s interesting to note that all of these cards are in reverse, indicating an overall theme to look within and focus on self; the “I AM” energy of Aries.
The final full moon for 2016 on December 13 offers us one last opportunity to release and let go before moving into the new year. 2017 breaks down to 1, sure to be a year full of new beginnings and fresh starts.
This Gemini Full Moon has the potential to propel us forward with a new way of thinking. Gemini is the sign of communication. Speak your truth. What area of your life will this full moon illuminate? Release that one thing that will create space for something new to enter during 2017, a year of new beginnings.
The Farmer’s Almanac calls December’s full Moon the Full Cold Moon. This full cold moon is also called the Long Nights Moon by some Native American tribes because it occurs near the winter solstice–the night with the least amount of daylight.
Additionally, December 13 is also St. Lucy’s Day. Farmers lore says that if St. Lucy’s day be bright, Christmas Day will be dark and snowy. Likewise, if St. Lucy’s day is dark, Christmas Day will be clear and sunny.
Will it snow for you this Christmas? What will you release in 2016? What will you gain in 2017?
With each new moon, we are offered an opportunity to begin again. A do over.
At the close of September, we receive a second chance. The Black Moon, the second new moon of the month of September gives us another chance to plant seeds of intention.
This new moon in Libra is about balance, but also gives us an opportunity to weigh our options. Now is the time to offer up all the good that you wish for–the time to set your intentions.
The new moon tells me I currently have the strength of the Chariot. I’m balancing energies to drive or move toward what I want and where I want to go.
With the 7 of Pentacles, I’m asked to leave behind material possessions and clear away what I don’t need or is not useful.
I’m receiving change with the 5 of Wands. I have to make room for this change by ridding myself of things that don’t serve me (7 of pentacles) so that something new can come in with the 5 of Wands.
Strength in the reverse position reminds me that kindness and gentleness goes a long way in taming opposing forces. This is something I’m learning.
My hopes and fears are reflected in the Page of Pentacles with the message of a new opportunity or endeavor.
Lastly, the Hierophant in the reverse position indicates a gift for counseling and guiding people through non-traditional methods.
What do you want to grow over the next several months?