Virgo is practical and self-reliant.
Purify and transform the pain.
The full moon in Virgo challenges us to look at what’s messy in our lives. Virgo loves organization and wants to clean things up. What can we clear away and how can the present Virgo energy help us do that? What are we making room for? Virgo asks, “What will we leave behind that really matters, that is useful?”
- What Clutters Our Slate? 10 OF SWORDS. This card, located in the middle of the top row, shows us that the pain we’ve been holding on to needs to go. Sometimes we cling to pain even when logically we know we should live in the present, but the pain has been around for so long it’s become familiar. This Full Moon in Virgo says it’s time to let it go. Whether we feel wronged, stabbed in the back, rejected–whatever the pain, the ugliness of it clutters our life and we need to let it go.
- What Shadow Issue Do We Need To Release? JUSTICE. This card is located directly below the 10 of Swords. Haven’t we suffered enough? Has holding on to the pain and dwelling on paybacks or revenge served to justify our pain? Justice is karmic in that what goes around, comes around. We don’t have to be jury or judge. Holding on to getting “Justice” for our pain needs to be released. Dwelling on it only holds us back and keeps us stuck in the pain.
- How Do We Clean The Slate? EIGHT OF PENTACLES. This card, located in the upper left corner is how we clean the slate. We forge ahead and through hard work, determination, blood, sweat and tears, we transform the pain into something new. Hard work and determination purifies the soul. The energy of Virgo reminds us that through the fire, we receive purification.
- What Are We Making Room For? 9 OF CUPS. This card, located on the upper right corner, is wish fulfillment. Blessings. Through releasing our pain and forging ahead, we are making room for happiness, peace, blessings and tranquility. If we had remained stuck in our pain, we wouldn’t be able to receive the blessings.
- How Will this Make Us More Independent? 4 OF PENTACLES. Located directly below the 9 of Cups, we learn that we can take care of ourself. The blessings of the cups card has shown us that no matter what is thrown at us, we can stand on our own feet. We’re solid and have a strong foundation. We can be relied upon. We have a sense of our own value. Virgo shows us self-reliance which brings independence.
- What Legacy Will We Leave Behind? 3 OF PENTACLES. Located in the lower left hand corner, directly below the 8 of Pentacles is the 3 of Pentacles. This card shows us that through our determination and hard work, releasing the pain and anger, we have the courage to move ahead and develop our own worth, our own life. We find joy and creativity in who we are and what we do. We’ve made our own way and left the legacy of independence, of determination and perseverance; the legacy of forging ahead through pain and coming out on the other side, self reliant.
I’m fascinated with the moon. A few images of the November 14, 2016 Beaver Moon as it evolved into something we won’t see again until 2034. What a blessing to witness this in my lifetime.
With each new moon, we are offered an opportunity to begin again. A do over.
At the close of September, we receive a second chance. The Black Moon, the second new moon of the month of September gives us another chance to plant seeds of intention.
This new moon in Libra is about balance, but also gives us an opportunity to weigh our options. Now is the time to offer up all the good that you wish for–the time to set your intentions.
The new moon tells me I currently have the strength of the Chariot. I’m balancing energies to drive or move toward what I want and where I want to go.
With the 7 of Pentacles, I’m asked to leave behind material possessions and clear away what I don’t need or is not useful.
I’m receiving change with the 5 of Wands. I have to make room for this change by ridding myself of things that don’t serve me (7 of pentacles) so that something new can come in with the 5 of Wands.
Strength in the reverse position reminds me that kindness and gentleness goes a long way in taming opposing forces. This is something I’m learning.
My hopes and fears are reflected in the Page of Pentacles with the message of a new opportunity or endeavor.
Lastly, the Hierophant in the reverse position indicates a gift for counseling and guiding people through non-traditional methods.
What do you want to grow over the next several months?
I love the Moon! I’m drawn to the changing cycles but also find comfort when it continually begins again and gives us another chance to get it right.
The moon seems more appealing at night. Hidden away in the cover of darkness, it seems amplified and much more striking. So too with life. Sometimes things seem more appealing until the light shines through and reveals things for what they really are.
What shadow of the self hides within the darkness of our subconscious? What wants to come to the surface?
I got to thinking about these two events this morning and decided to do a reading for myself asking this same question. We’re in the ninth month. It’s time for something to come to an end and start something new. October, the 10th month, breaks down to a one. The beginnings of something new. We just had the full moon which also indicates the end of a cycle. Mercury will be going direct on September 22, freeing up communication and allowing things to move forward.
What a perfect time to read the energies surrounding me and see what I need to let go of and move forward with. Such an eye opener! It reminds me of the recent shadow work I’ve been doing with #tarottoska. Today my reading revealed something that I didn’t even realize had been affecting me for over 40 years.
I’m so glad this came to light. I know now what I need to do to release it. Tarot is an amazing tool for self-actualization. What do these events mean for you?
If you’d like to participate in the shadow work with Britta McBride, please visit her site at www.tarottoska.com