Virgo is practical and self-reliant.
Purify and transform the pain.
The full moon in Virgo challenges us to look at what’s messy in our lives. Virgo loves organization and wants to clean things up. What can we clear away and how can the present Virgo energy help us do that? What are we making room for? Virgo asks, “What will we leave behind that really matters, that is useful?”
- What Clutters Our Slate? 10 OF SWORDS. This card, located in the middle of the top row, shows us that the pain we’ve been holding on to needs to go. Sometimes we cling to pain even when logically we know we should live in the present, but the pain has been around for so long it’s become familiar. This Full Moon in Virgo says it’s time to let it go. Whether we feel wronged, stabbed in the back, rejected–whatever the pain, the ugliness of it clutters our life and we need to let it go.
- What Shadow Issue Do We Need To Release? JUSTICE. This card is located directly below the 10 of Swords. Haven’t we suffered enough? Has holding on to the pain and dwelling on paybacks or revenge served to justify our pain? Justice is karmic in that what goes around, comes around. We don’t have to be jury or judge. Holding on to getting “Justice” for our pain needs to be released. Dwelling on it only holds us back and keeps us stuck in the pain.
- How Do We Clean The Slate? EIGHT OF PENTACLES. This card, located in the upper left corner is how we clean the slate. We forge ahead and through hard work, determination, blood, sweat and tears, we transform the pain into something new. Hard work and determination purifies the soul. The energy of Virgo reminds us that through the fire, we receive purification.
- What Are We Making Room For? 9 OF CUPS. This card, located on the upper right corner, is wish fulfillment. Blessings. Through releasing our pain and forging ahead, we are making room for happiness, peace, blessings and tranquility. If we had remained stuck in our pain, we wouldn’t be able to receive the blessings.
- How Will this Make Us More Independent? 4 OF PENTACLES. Located directly below the 9 of Cups, we learn that we can take care of ourself. The blessings of the cups card has shown us that no matter what is thrown at us, we can stand on our own feet. We’re solid and have a strong foundation. We can be relied upon. We have a sense of our own value. Virgo shows us self-reliance which brings independence.
- What Legacy Will We Leave Behind? 3 OF PENTACLES. Located in the lower left hand corner, directly below the 8 of Pentacles is the 3 of Pentacles. This card shows us that through our determination and hard work, releasing the pain and anger, we have the courage to move ahead and develop our own worth, our own life. We find joy and creativity in who we are and what we do. We’ve made our own way and left the legacy of independence, of determination and perseverance; the legacy of forging ahead through pain and coming out on the other side, self reliant.
This combo of pictures taken in Manassas, Virginia shows the moon in different stages of a total lunar eclipse on December, 21, 2010. During the eclipse, the Earth will align between the full moon and the sun, covering the lunar surface in shadow. The eclipse is also falling on the same day as the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere â a rare occurrence that hasn’t happened in 372 years. AFP PHOTO/Karen BLEIER (Photo credit should read KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images)
February 2017 brings two eclipses–a lunar eclipse on February 10th and a solar eclipse on February 26th. What do they mean?
Lunar Eclipses can only happen with a full moon. The moon appears slightly orange or red as the earth passes between the moon and the sun and obscures all or part of the moon. While the affects of both eclipses can last for months, lunar eclipses tend to be softer and happen at night.
Lunar eclipses are a good time to let go of the past. Let go of any old fears, habits, feelings or negative situations that hold us back. It’s a time to move forward. February brings us this opportunity on the 10th with the full moon.
Solar eclipses occur during the day at the time of a new moon. This new moon passes between the earth and the sun, blocking all or part of the sun. Solar eclipses give us an opportunity to take care of unfinished personal business and really get honest with ourselves. With the new moon solar eclipse, it’s a time to plant seeds for the future.
While both eclipses can spur major personal growth that may linger for as long as six months, solar eclipses tend to be more intense with long lasting effects.
February Lunar & Solar Eclipse Reading
Book a Lunar and Solar Eclipse Reading before February 8th for $10. Receive a PDF file of the energies present during these eclipses, what to release and what to embrace; how to spur personal growth. This offer consists of two separate readings–one for the Lunar Eclipse and one for the Solar Eclipse. To book, request offer through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Periodically, I’m going to offer random, free readings. All you need to do is email me your name and date of birth and subscribe to my blog. Readings will vary in what energies are examined.
This month, in honor of my parents, who were both crusty crabs, I’m offering a free reading based on Ethony Dawn’s tarot spread below for the Full Moon in Cancer. I will randomly draw a name from my list of subscribers who also email me a request for the free reading. Subject line of your email should read, “Full Moon In Cancer Free Reading.” On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 12 Noon CST, I will randomly choose someone for the reading and will complete the reading that evening so you’ll have time to consider it before the full moon on January 12th.
So, remember, to participate, email me (email@example.com) your name (first name is fine) and your date of birth (you don’t have to include the year) and subscribe to my blog. Remember to mark the subject line of the email, “Full Moon In Cancer Free Reading.”
The Seeker will be chosen randomly at 12 Noon CST, January 11, 2017.
Now would be a good time to be the “Observer” as this full moon on January 12 showers us with the Cancer energy of feelings, emotions, relationships, family, creativity and intuition.
For some, full moons in and of themselves are intense. However, this full moon also brings a Grand Cross in the Cardinal signs of Capricorn, Aries, Libra and Cancer. These signs more than others, may feel an intense need for change.
Grand Crosses pull us in all sorts of directions. We may feel as if we are being stretched on a cross from all sides. Compromise may be difficult. The feelings being brought to the surface with the full moon in Cancer is also forcing us to take a look at what or where we need to make changes. However, sit with these feelings for a couple of days before taking action and making any life altering changes.
People that go with the flow and welcome change will love this energy. Those that like the status quo will not.